KAMA-ASA's Hammered Iron Frying pan / 22cm
"Yamada Kogyosho" is a well-known manufacturer among chefs for hammered iron woks and frying pans based in Yokohama city. Their special hammering technique makes the iron pans sturdy and functional.
KAMA-ASA’s original iron frying pan made by Yamada kogyosho.
A frying pan is an indispensable tool for everyday cooking. This hammered iron frying pan is sturdy enough to bear heavy usage in professional kitchens.
2.3mm iron thick iron would transfer stable heat and brings out the flavor of ingredients.
Our frying pan is using an original slim and flat handle, which is easy to grip by any kind of people. The handle is attached relatively closer to the bottom of the pan, and makes it easier to put on various kinds of lid.
The handle is welded to make it is easier to wash and keep the pan clean.
-No wax coating
Usually, items from Yamada Kogyosho have anti-rust wax coating. The wax coating needs to be burnt off before seasoning. This procedure cannot be done on induction heating and a gas stove with temperature sensor.
To reduce this procedure, we sell pans without anti-rust wax coating on.
[Preparation before first time use]
1. When you purchase the item, there is oil on the pan to prevent rust. Please wash thoroughly with kitchen detergent to take the oil off. After washing, please wipe and dry the pan completely by heating up the pan.
2. Please season the pan. "Seasoning" is to heat up the pan with some oil and stir-fry vegetable scraps on low heat until it browns. Make sure that the oil covers the whole surface of the pan. This seasoning process takes away the smells and remains of iron, and prevents it from rusting as it creates a layer of oil coating.
[How to care]
1. Please wash the pan right after use instead of leaving with food on it because the salt and acid from food could potentially damage the pan and create small holes or cause rusting.
2. Wash the pan with water (lukewarm is preferable) and a natural brush. Do not use kitchen soap to keep the oil coating on the pan. Also, do not use a metal brush since it will make scratch on the surface.
3. After washing, please make sure to heat the pan again to let the water completely evaporate. Remaining of water can cause rust.
-Start heating the pan from "low power" when using induction heating. Sudden temperature change by induction heating may cause deformation.
-The handle would get hot during cooking. Please use heat resistant mittens or towels.
-There may be scratches on the pan due to the manufacturing process.
-The patterns of hammering and the size of pan would vary due to the manufacturing process.
-Store the pan in a dry place to avoid rusting.
-This pan has NO non-stick coating or enamel coating on.
-Food may turn black after first time usage. Blackening is due to the carbonized iron and has no harm for health. To remove the blackening, please season the pan again.
-Please read the instruction before usage.
-Size and weight
22cm : Diameter 22cm Length 44cm Weight 960g
* Size of pan would vary due to the manufacturing process.
-Compatible with gas and induction.
-Made in Kanagawa, Japan